Introduction to the WYSWYG Editor:
The WYSIWYG( “What You See Is What You Get”) Editor enables you to:
Edit any aspect of your webpage by using a copy of an existing page as a starting point.
Set Personyze to track events taking place on the page, such as the visitor clicking on an element of the page, moving his mouse over it, or the visitors mouse leaving the borders of that element.
To create a WYSIWYG Action:
Go to the “Add Actions to the Audience” Section.
Click on the green “+Action” button.
Make sure the “New” button is highlighted in green, and then.
Choose the WYSWYG Editor from the list.
You can edit any URL wich has your Personyze Tracker embedded – but by default, your websites Homepage URL is the one that initially appears in the address bar.
Note: if you are trying to use Personyze in a secure mode with SSL encryption, the WYSIWYG Editor may be prevented from correctly displaying and editing the page. When trying to use the WYSIWYG Editor, use it in the Http:// instead of the Https:// mode.
Editing The Page:
1. To Select an Element to edit:
a. Go over different the elements with your mouse cursor. Each element will be boxed in with an orange rectangle, and the orange element options menu would appear next to it.
b. Click on the element you want to edit.
c. to select another element click on the “Close Menu” option located at the bottom of the menu.
Note: Notice how the element options menu turned blue once locked on to an element.
2. Enabling the Advanced Menu – The advanced menu lets you see all elements located at the selected page location, and manually choose the element you wish to edit. To activate the Advanced Menu Option click on the “Advanced Menu” button located to the left of “Undo” Button.
After saving the WYSIWYG Action, you’ll notice the “Clicks” (CTR) metric, in the action statistics section.
Edit and Save Changes:
You can use the redo/undo button to go back and forth between all the different Actions.
Directly underneath the redo/undo battons, is the Edit History column that remembers every change you’ve made to page in chronological order. To go back more than one adjustment at a time, just click on an earlier version.
Once you are done creating your action, click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
When You are done Editing, don’t forget to click “Save!” :)To start working with the editor:
- Add Actions to the Audience Section.
- Make sure the “New” button is highlighted in gree.
- Choose WYSWYG Editor action from the list.
- Enter URL to edit - by default it starts from your site Homepage, however you can enter a new URL.
Note: Personyze automatically tracks the Click Through Rate for every Content Adjustment( such as banners, popups, etc). But when it comes to the WYSIWYG Editor, regardless of the adjustment you’ve made, the entire age is considered edited. Therefore, you need to specify the element to be tracked for this particular metric. This is done in the “Track Event” area, by choosing to track “Extra”, under a “Click” Event.
Assigning an appropriate response to each action’s performance.
At the bottom of every Personalization Action there is an ‘Alert’ feature. The Alert can:
- Send an email alerting that an action is underperforming,
- Automatically deactivate that action or audience when the visitor matches some audience( custom conditions are met).
- Or influence 3rd party apps via Webhook actions based on campaign performance.
- Tracking code and domains settings
- CRM Integration
- Add an Assistant account
- Grab Site Dynamic Data
- Facebook Connect Integration Action
- API / Advanced Integration
- Setting Personyze Recommendation engine
- Google Analytics Integration
- Sending data to Zapier.com via Webhook
- Cross Domain Tracking
- Cross-device visitor tracking
- Additional Assistance
- Get Code to Insert Recommendations Into Third-Party Emails Wizard