Campaigns are where the magic happens in Personyze, where you segment an audience and create changes to your website to be seen by that audience, to provide visitors with relevant and engaging experiences on your site.
The campaign structure in Personyze is identical for all types of personalization campaigns. Whether you are wanting to set a rule-based Behavioral Targeting campaign and Define who is the target audience and what personalized changes they are going to see, or if you are wanting to set a Dynamic Personalization campaign where recommendations for products/content/videos are generated dynamically by artificial intelligence algorithms, based on a combination of individual visitor interests, plus crowd wisdom of all your visitors, the overall campaign structure will be the same.
Setting Up a Campaign
1. Define Your Target Audience
The first step in creating a personalization campaign is to choose who will be the visitor segment who will see the personalized changes (whether content or marketing messages uniquely for them, or a recommendation widget with your chosen AI recommendations algorithm) you create in your campaign.
You choose your target audience by setting a list of rules and conditions that need to be met during a visitor session on the site for the visitor to be part of the campaign and to see the personalized content.
There are over 70 visitor characteristics to use for targeting visitors, such as Geographic Location, Search Engine or Campaign Referral, Ranked User Interests, Weather Conditions and Forecast, Social media profile data, Real-time Behavioral data, CRM Data, Etc.
The rules are connected to each other with AND/OR/XOR relation for flexibility and powerful targeting which enables you to pinpoint your targeting for a very specific visitor audience.
- 2. Set the Personalization Changes
Use the 25 personalization Action Widgets to show dynamic changes to your website, to be seen by the visitor segment you have defined in step 1
- This can include:
- Edits to your page using the WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to tailor content to visitor segments
- Recommendations for products/content/videos
- Promotions in popup/banners for visitors based on CRM, geographic location or many other user parameters,
- Set 2 versions of a personalized dynamic landing page for A/B testing.
The action widgets in Personyze allow a plethora of ways for you to change your site to create relevant and engaging experiences for your visitors.
You can add multiple personalization widgets to your campaign to achieve a truly cross-session, cross-site, and cross-channel personalized experience; here are some examples of how you can personalize your entire visitor experience with various widgets:
- Set personalized landing pages for a specific audience segment, with content, CTAs, and promotions specially tailored to their demographic
- Continue with cross-site banners for that same audience
- Present them with a special promotion in an exit popup, if they show intention to exit the site too early
- Extend personalized engagement beyond your website by sending them personalized emails, tailored for them
- In the complexity of managing the visitor digital experience, you may want to use webhooks to trigger a business logic on a third party platform.
3. Optimize to Perfection
Review campaign results in the context of a comprehensive suite of out-of-the-box metrics (including your own fully customizable Goals), and make real-time adjustments to offers, content, messages and design elements.
Challenge your assumptions, and back them with data, by setting up control groups to measure overall campaign impact, and run customer focused A/B and Multivariate Tests.
- Multivariate Testing - Easily set A/B testing by dragging different personalization actions to different test groups. Personyze will then rotate visitors between the different groups (per visitor session, unique user, control group, and other options), and also set the percentage of visitors seeing content from each group, such as Group A, Group B.Each of these groups of actions being rotated becomes, in effect, a different version of the web page, with different personalized changes, but still being rotated among the defined audience segment of the given campaign.To extend performance metrics, you can increase certainty about which of the personalization actions are performing best for that specific audience, and set the losing group to be deleted, leaving the winning group content to be the only one to be shown for that audience.
Read more about Personyze A/B testing here.
- Campaign QA – To test and QA your campaign before going live and publishing it, you should check its performance, to ensure that the campaign functions, looks, and feels as you intend it to.To do that, we have equipped you with a vey powerful tool, the Campaign Simulator, which allows you to open the campaign in a preview mode, and see its content, as well as examine the campaign’s rule matching, and see if the campaign is triggered as it should be, or if not, find out why.So, what happens if the campaign rules require you to be in London, using a Mobile phone to match the campaign? Don’t worry, you can use “Modify My Session Data” to modify your user attributes in Personyze, to simulate any hypothetical visitor.
Click on the campaign name from the list of campaigns list to Review the analytics feedback for that particular campaign.
To create a new campaign, simply log in to the Personyze interface, and click the big red button that reads “New Campaign.”
To review all current campaigns, click the “Campaigns” option on the main menu.
- Set alert to be sent to you or your colleagues, based on campaigns’ performance
- Use copy or setting templates to save time
- A/B Testing